Hulu's app really needs some work

• Admin

Guardian

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really enjoy Hulu's streaming service. I like their content. I like that they often have new episodes of series the day after they air on network or cable television. My wife certainly appreciates being able to keep up with Grey's Anatomy with Hulu. That being said, their app is sluggish and almost painful to use. This is on a 1st generation Fire TV, not the god awful Fire TV stick with its near non-existent processing power. The app seems to work fine when using a mouse to navigate on a PC rather than the directional pad of a remote on the Fire TV. Does anyone else have this issue with the Hulu app or should I just look at upgrading to the Fire TV Cube? I find myself avoiding the Hulu app so I don't have to fight with the sluggishness of it.

Finn

Reaction score
I have a ROku and yes its very slow to respond to every single button press. Its a pain to use so I don't use it often. But I did try the Hulu app on an Xbox One and it worked great so maybe it needs more power. Still they should make their app run well on all devices.

Oaklee

Reaction score
I totally agree about the lag of the app. I run mine on a fire stick and it is atrocious. God forbid I have to use the search function for anything. It takes literal days. Netflix works just fine so its gotta be a problem with the app itself.

• Admin

Guardian

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to hear I'm not the only one who finds the app painful to use. I really wish they would run some sort of optimization pass on the app and get it a lot snappier, because as it stands now I press a button on the remote and 2 to 3 seconds pass before the action happens on screen. Does that sound reasonable to anyone? I think not.