1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most disappointing film of 2017

Discussion in 'General Movie Discussion' started by Dincy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Dincy

Dincy New Member

What is your most disappointing movie of 2017? For me as a huge fan of the horror genre, it was Lights Out. I thought the short was brilliant and even though I had my doubts about a feature length film, I was hopeful. Well, hope destroyed.

The movie spent too much time on backstory and not enough time creating tension. And that opening? It was comical in the worst way.

So what was your most disappointing movie this year?

2. StryGuardian

StryGuardian Founder
    Staff Member

Sadly it was Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. I had faith this would be a grand space epic, but I also know Luc Besson is a very hit or miss filmmaker. This was very much a miss situation. What a horrible waste of great potential.

3. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New Member

Wonder Woman. I guess for a DC Universe film it was well done, but it failed to meet my expectations. Especially after receiving a fair amount of praise at release.

4. billythekid

billythekid New Member

I have to agree with StryGuardianStryGuardian . Valerian was extremely bad, I want my money back :(

5. Yolandis

Yolandis New Member

I third Valerian. The very definition of disappointment. :sob: