1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on The Cloverfield Paradox?

Discussion in 'Netflix' started by StryGuardian, May 4, 2018.

1. StryGuardian

StryGuardian Founder
    Staff Member

Before I potentially waste my time watching The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix, I'm curious if anyone here has seen it and your thoughts on the film.

I've heard nothing but terrible things but I have a real soft spot for Chris O'Dowd ever since The IT Crowd so I still want to see it.

So tell me, what are your thoughts on the movie if you've seen? Or do you know anyone who has seen it that had something positive to say about it?

2. Headbolt

Headbolt New Member

I watched this movie immediately after it was announced during the super bowl. It was terrible! Not the so bad its good kind of terrible. The straight up terrible kind of terrible. Dumbest movie I saw in a long time. Please stay far away. Ya been warned man.

3. StryGuardian

StryGuardian Founder
    Staff Member

Why do you want to do this to me? I really want to see this movie. True, it was butchered after it was filmed, as it was a movie that was totally unrelated to the Cloverfield universe and it was haphazardly slapped together to make it tie in, but so was 10 Cloverfield Lane and that movie was good except for the parts they added. :worried: So maybe I could get some sort of enjoyment from this movie? Because of Chris O'Dowd? Maybe???

4. Yolandis

Yolandis New Member

I'm an outlier I suppose. I thought the movie was fine. It was not great and not terrible. It was ok.

5. StryGuardian

StryGuardian Founder
    Staff Member

Ok is good enough for me. :) Thank you YolandisYolandis for reaffirming what I already wanted to do.

6. Headbolt

Headbolt New Member

Lies! Terrible lies!

7. Fastablend

Fastablend New Member

I'm right there with you man. I plan to watch it someday no matter what anyone else says.

8. Dincy

Dincy New Member

Like I always say...no one can accurately gauge your potential enjoyment of a movie like you can. You think you might like it? Give it a shot and find out for yourself. There are so many movies that people rave about and end up nominated for best picture at the Oscars, the whole nine yards! And then I watch those movies and wonder what the hell is wrong with everyone. Case in point, I watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri recently and loved the movie right up until the end. I won't spoil the end here but let's just say it does not end where you hope and it ruins the entire movie for me.

9. Yolandis

Yolandis New Member

A million times this. Dincy is a wise man...or woman. Either way, wise as fuck.

10. StryGuardian

StryGuardian Founder
    Staff Member

My mind is made up. I will be watching this movie very soon. I will let you guys know how that goes.